Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Poetic Interlude - Dusk

The hypercube posted a tweet on twitter this late evening asking us hypercubists to show some creative. I've been busy with other things tonight, and it's a little late, so I thought I'd pull out a poem I wrote some years ago and illustrate some of my creative diversity.

I appreciate any respectable comments (good, bad, or ugly), so don't be shy... let me know what you think, or give an analytical insight to your interpretation. I'm always interested to hear how my work is interpreted.


Dusk

Dusk's final glory,
Nature's conclusion
to a clear summer day,
captured

          without diffusion

within the surface
of a clear calm pond
where images pass
and colours bond

          like a photograph
          beneath polished glass

It's Nature's daily epitaph
written in shades of blue
and streaked with crimson and brass
that bleed

          where the horizon should impede

beside the silhouette
of tall straight grass
blackened
deep and dark:

A picture of heaven

          when I was only eleven

broken
by the shapeless form
of a deer
face down

          hidden from the rays of light

wallowing ever so slightly
at the edge of the pond
where the bulrush grow
and the colours bond.


1 comment:

dj petrushka said...

Qubic, this is beautiful. I love the images, they are so stark and yet beautiful.
Thank you for posting it.
This should be submitted to an online poetry
magazine.