Monday, March 30, 2009

Hyperposts

This past weekend I thought I'd spend a little extra time spreading the Hypercube word on the Inter-web. I was trying to think of places where the young techno-savvy crowd might hit, who are interested in cars at some level.

I hit Beyond.ca with a posting. It's a car blog and forum where many Calgarians frequent, so hopefully we'll see a few more Calgarians join the Hypercube wave. Here's a snapshot of the forum list and posting (click on image for larger view):

Beyond.ca snapshot

View the actual posting on Beyond.ca

You'll notice in the list that there's been over 150 views on the Nissan Hypercube Contest: Win a FREE NISSAN CUBE posting (as of the morning of Monday, March 30). I just checked again right now, and it's over 200 views. The RealToyCars ID was the ID I created several years ago when I had my Nissan S-Cargo, which basically looked like a big toy car.

Another forum I hit was NissanClub.com, a Nissan forum dedicated to Altima owners. One would figure there would be some talk about the Hypercube contest on a Nissan forum, but there wasn't... until now. Here's the snapshot for the posting on that forum (click on image for larger view):

NissanClub.com snapshot

View actual posting on NissanClub.com

Lastly, I hit kijiji.ca, a popular classifieds site for the young techo-savvy inter-web user. I posted a classified ad for a Free Nissan Cube for Creative Canadian in each major Canadian city. I was concerned that this one might violate kijiji's policy, but took the chance nonetheless hoping that several people would end up seeing it. Here's the snapshots for the postings on kijiji.ca (click on image for larger view):

kijiji.ca snapshot

By Monday morning, I started receiving notices from kijiji admin that some notices were being pulled, so I quickly logged on and took a snapshot of those that were not yet pulled to give an idea of how many people may have already seen the notices. I was pleasantly surprised to see some of them were around 100 views, so I figure that the others that were already pulled were fairly high as well. According to kijiji, I violated their policy about posting an ad that drove traffic to another site. Oh well, at least a few hundred people viewed it.

1 comment:

Sunny said...

Awesome, good job!! :o)