Saturday, April 4, 2009

Papercraft R/C Nissan Cube

I had a little fun with a papercraft Nissan Cube that I downloaded from SH Illustration Studio, and the chassis from a 1:26 scale Nissan 180SX R/C car (borrowed from a colleague).

Since it was a JDM model (Japanese Domestic Market), I had to tweak the image to flip certain items left-to-right because vehicles in Japan are right-hand drive, and USDM models (U.S. Domestic Market) are left-hand drive. I also had to scale the papercraft images so it would fit over the R/C chassis.

I used wooden stir sticks, which are thinner but longer than popsicle sticks, to reinforce the papercraft construction as well as attach it to the R/C chassis.

The result... my colleague and I had a little cubicle fun driving this little papercraft R/C Nissan Cube around our work area. I only have a Canon A95 Sureshot still camera, but it took decent enough video for me to create this little segment to promote the Nissan Cube campaign...

1 comment:

runforthecube said...

WOW! That think really goes! Awesome idea!