Saturday, April 4, 2009

Hypercube for Everyday People?

The Hypercube had asked everyone a while back about people's reactions when we mention the Nissan Cube and the Hypercube word-of-mouth campaign. I didn't actually answer it at the time as I wanted to gather more reactions.

But this evening, the Hypercube asked 5 questions that I thought I'd answer in this blog posting rather than in several tweets on Twitter. Here's the questions:

  1. How did you hear about @thehypercube?
  2. What was your first impression?
  3. Would u have been interested if Nissan had used ads instead?
  4. Have you told people?
  5. What do they think?

Here's my answers:

  1. I heard about @thehypercube via an email I received from Nissan Canada because I had signed up on the Nissan Cube microsite to receive notifications about the Nissan Cube.

  2. I thought, "This is really cool! 50 free Nissan Cubes." But I also thought, "This is gonna be a bit of creative and techno-social work." But I was up to the challenge.

  3. I would have been interested in the Nissan Cube regardless of the advertising. I knew about the Nissan Cube back in 2004 because I had an interest in all Japanese vehicles. When I saw the Cube in the JDM market, I was wondering why it wasn't in North America yet, and hoping that Nissan would soon decide to bring them to this continent. In the meantime, I had to "settle" for importing a Nissan S-Cargo from Japan for myself. But then the Cube showed up in the Montreal auto show as a concept vehicle, and I thought, "They better be serious about bringing this to Canada." It took them a while, but it's finally here.

  4. Yes. Face-to-face, over the phone, email, Twitter, Facebook, forums. I'm going to try smoke signals next.

  5. What do they think about the Nissan Cube? It's like my Nissan S-Cargo... Either they really like it, or they don't. There doesn't seem to be a halfway in between on this car. But I think that's a good thing. I think people who like it will tend to be more passionate about it.

    What do they think about the Hypercube campaign? They're mostly okay with the word-of-mouth thing, but the contest part seems like too much work and techno-socializing beyond their current circle of friends. Out of all the people I've talked to, really only 1 other person seemed genuinely interested in participating in the contest.

No comments: